With the gorgeous spring weather upon us, rest assured there will be more and more bicyclists on the roads. Motorists and pedestrians need to look twice; bicycles are everywhere. Asheville is a hot spot for biking and it’s important to take as many safety precautions as possible. We’ve seen the injuries that can result from bicycle accidents and we want cyclists to stay as safe as possible. Here are a few safety tips for bicyclists:
- Always wear a helmet
- Wear comfortable clothing that’s easy to see
- Wear reflective gear and lights at night
- Use bike lanes whenever available
- Travel with the direction of traffic
- Obey traffic and safety rules
- Follow lane markings
- Use arm signals for turning to alert motorists
- Keep both hands ready to brake
- Be cautious of motorists and pedestrians
- Look out for road hazards
- Keep up with bike maintenance, checking brakes and tires regularly
We know that even following all the rules doesn’t prevent injuries. Our personal injury team represents bicyclists hurt in collisions and we will put our experience and successful track record in your corner. We will investigate bicycle and pedestrian accidents so the insurance company (and a jury, if necessary) can understand how it happened. We aggressively fight for the rights and interests of our bicycle accident clients, both in negotiation and in court. Call our bicycle accident attorneys today for a free case evaluation at 828.505.4300.
We serve the communities of Western North Carolina including Asheville, Hendersonville, Waynesville, Brevard, Marion, Mars Hill Black Mountain and Hickory.